Your generosity is the reason why we are able to help more than 14,000 people and families each year.
With your support, we continue to provide compassionate, high-quality, innovative health care for all. Thank you.
Ways to support Androscoggin Home Healthcare + Hospice
A gift to our annual fund ensures patients who are unable to pay receive the care they need.
This continued commitment is truly a measure of your goodwill and high regard for our organization and the people we serve. As always, those who turn to us for care are the beneficiaries of your generosity of spirit and commitment to Androscoggin Home Healthcare and Hospice.
How to arrange Gifts of Remembrance:
- If planning a funeral Notify the funeral director that you want Androscoggin Home Healthcare and Hospice to be designated to receive Gifts of Remembrance. The funeral home will make sure your gift designation is included in the newspaper notice and will have Gifts of Remembrance envelopes available at the service. All Gifts of Remembrance envelopes should be returned to our main office at the following address: </br> Androscoggin Home Healthcare + Hospice ATTN: Development Office 15 Strawberry Avenue Lewiston, Maine 04240
- If you are not holding a service We would be happy to provide you with Gifts of Remembrance envelopes for family and friends. Contact the Development Office at 207.795.9402 or email us.
- How do I sign up for a recurring gift? You may sign up by filling out the Recurring Gift donation form or you can call the Development Office at 207.795.9402 or email us. Donations continue until the end date specified by the donor or the donor requests they stop.
- What are the benefits of a recurring gift? Spreading your support throughout the year will help with personal budgeting without having to remember deadlines or tax season donations. It is cost-effective, convenient, and flexible. You may change your monthly donation anytime to fit your budget.
- Is this type of gift tax deductible? How do I get a receipt? Yes, the donation is tax deductible. A tax receipt will be mailed to you in January of the following year.
Sample monthly donations:
$10 a month = $120 a year $20 a month = $240 a year $50 a month = $600 a year $100 a month = $1,200 a year
We’re excited to turn now to the public phase of the campaign where we will be seeking support from our community, family members, and friends” said, Andersen. The Campaign to Renovate the Kitchen leadership team anticipates a successful completion of their fundraising efforts by October 1, 2021 to make way for the six-week construction phase. “Our hope,” according to Andersen, “we will complete the project just in time for our staff and volunteers to serve their annual Thanksgiving dinner.” Since opening its doors in 2005, the Androscoggin Hospice House has welcomed more than 7,000 patients and their families. The renovation of the Hospice House kitchen and dining facilities is essential to meeting the future needs of our patients and families.
A Much Improved Facility:
Patient Accessibility The newly reconfigured entrance to the Hospice House dining room will double its seating capacity and allow easy access for wheelchairs and other specialized medical equipment permitting all patients to participate and enjoy their newly renovated surroundings. The fully accessible kitchen counters and tables will accommodate patients and families as they engage with food preparers, volunteers, and staff. Patients and visitors ultimately will be immersed in this familiar family experience.
Environmental Safety Creating a fully functional commercial kitchen facility and accessible dining area that is both pleasing and environmentally safe is the goal. As a residential care facility meeting strict new guidelines for airflow and environmental safety is paramount while having a 360-degree focus on our patients’ and families’ safety and security.
Dedicated Family Area A new self-serve family area with complimentary beverages and baked goods will be a welcomed addition the remodeled dining facility. A large commercial refrigerator will store cold drinks, in addition to easy accessible ice and water machines for loved ones. One of the important acts of caring for a loved can be as simple as offering a cup of ice. Having it readily available will be most welcomed by the many families served.
Complementary Therapy Program Within the newly remodeled dining facility, a Complementary Therapy Program has been developed to bring music to patients and families. It is envisioned the renovated dining area will quickly become a favorite gathering place for music as well. The kitchen is the heart of every home – It is a place where some of our fondest memories of family and friends are made – Gathered around the kitchen table is often the very place we have supported one another to collect the strength we need to face life’s challenging decisions – The Androscoggin Hospice House is not so different from our very own homes – families gather to comfort one another – find solace and resolution.
Completing an Essential Campaign As the Campaign effort now turns to its public phase, we invite you on behalf of our patients and families to consider a gift to the Community Capital Campaign to Renovate the Androscoggin Hospice House Kitchen. Gifts of cash, check, appreciated securities, stock, life insurance, and qualified charitable contributions from retirement accounts are welcomed. Pledges to be paid within two years will be gratefully accepted. Gifts of $1,000 and above will receive name recognition within the kitchen while the generosity of all will be recognized throughout the organization’s publications and website.
Remember a loved one while supporting end-of-life care at the Androscoggin Hospice House
A commemorative brick terrace borders the gardens of the Androscoggin Hospice House and is dedicated as a positive and transformative step towards healing. Each brick is a quiet reminder of someone who has left an imprint on their lives. By ordering an engraved brick you create a lasting memory that honors a loved one, and directly supports essential patient and family services. Bricks may be ordered any time throughout the year, but they are engraved and added to the garden only once a year. Every spring Androscoggin hosts an annual dedication ceremony for newly laid bricks. Please click here if you would like to purchase a memorial brick.