Hospice care is about making the time you have left the best it can be.
Hospice care aims to reduce physical, emotional and spiritual discomfort through pain and symptom management, counseling, and other supports for patients at the end of life as well as their loved ones. These services are all provided within the comfort of home.
Our goal is for you to be as comfortable as can be, so you are able to be as independent as possible, for as long as possible experiencing the people and activities you enjoy.
We embrace an individual’s end-of-life goals and the right to make choices about care.
We work with you and your family to ensure that your care plan honors your wishes, provides the highest quality of comfort, and offers the support that you and your family need. Our team provides ongoing education and can assist you and your loved ones in coping with changes and decisions throughout the course of hospice care. The goal is for you and your loved ones to have meaningful and worthwhile moments for as long as possible.
- Advanced Alzheimer’s and other dementia
- Cardiac disease
- Pulmonary disease
- Liver disease
- Renal disease
- Neurological disease
- Significant decline in health
- HIV-related conditions
- In the home or where the patient resides
- As general inpatient care in a nursing facility
- At the Hospice House if intensive symptom management or support that cannot be achieved in the home setting is needed
- Your primary physician
- Androscoggin Home Healthcare and Hospice Medical Director
- Nurses, primary nurse
- Hospice social workers
- Home health aides
- Hospice volunteers
- Bereavement staff and volunteers
- A blending of medical, psychological, social and spiritual services: The hospice team is dedicated to acknowledging and honoring life through a holistic approach.
- Medication: Our staff orders medication for you and has it delivered to your home at no cost. Most hospice families also receive an emergency medication pack to have on hand if needed.
- Medical equipment: Any equipment such as oxygen, hospital bed, wheelchair, commode or shower seat is covered at no cost to you and arranged for by our staff.
- On-call registered nurses: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions, concerns, or offer support if there are unexpected changes. The nurse will determine if an immediate visit is needed.
- Complimentary therapies: Reiki, music, pet and comfort touch intended to improve quality of life.
Our staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
We understand that terminal disease can be unpredictable. Should curative treatments be deemed appropriate, you can change your decision to receive hospice care. In the event that your condition continues to decline, you can easily resume hospice care with us.