Home healthcare is designed for people who are returning home from a hospital or facility due to illness, injury, surgical procedure, or chronic disease. In some cases, your doctor may refer you directly. The goal of the service is to help you regain independence and to ensure you are safe within the home.
Hospice care is specialized care for people diagnosed with terminal illness, with supportive services for their families and caregivers. Anyone who a doctor believes has a life expectancy of six months or less and who has stopped all curative treatment is eligible for hospice care to be provided at home.
Telehealth is easy to use, state-of-the-art technology provided for use in the home, coupled with nursing care and regular assessments to manage acute or chronic conditions. The goal is for patients to avoid re-hospitalizations or repeat visits to the emergency room.
- Nursing care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Assistance with personal hygiene and medication management
- Connection to community resources
- Specialized education
- Telehealth monitoring
- Volunteer assistance with grocery shopping and transportation to medical appointments
- Pain and symptom management
- Hygiene and personal care
- Emotional support, counseling
- Spiritual support to the patient and their loved ones
- Companionship provided by volunteers
- Music, massage, pet and other therapies
- Bereavement support for family members
- Increase patient/family understanding of the illness and what to expect
- Clarify what matters most to the patient at various stages of the illness
- Educate about complex medical care choices
- Assist with complex healthcare decision-making
- Help the patient define quality of life
- Document patient wishes
- Recommend symptom management strategies
- Personalized plan of care tailored to your needs
- Monitoring of weight, blood pressure, oxygen levels, blood sugar, and other aspects of your health through our state-of-the-art telehealth technology
- Confidential collection of all data
- Regular health reviews and assessments from a skilled medical team
- Alerts if medical intervention is needed
Once a terminal diagnosis has been given, speak with your doctor about starting hospice care with Androscoggin. Many people wait too long before seeking services; however, it is most beneficial for patients and their families if home hospice care begins right away. To get started call our Intake Team at 207.777.7740.