Specialized care that anticipates, prevents and treats physical, emotional and spiritual discomfort of people with serious illness.
Androscoggin’s Compass Care, a palliative health service is delivered by a highly skilled team of physicians, nurse practitioners, social workers, and others who provide assessments, make recommendations, or spend time listening, educating, and understanding patients and their families.
The goal is to relieve symptoms and stress while improving quality of life.
We can help you to:
- Understand your health condition
- Ease symptoms and distress that impact your quality of life
- Get information to make informed decisions about your care
- Clarify and communicate your goals and wishes
- Define your values, beliefs, and priorities
- Facilitate conversations around advance care planning
Appropriate for any stage in your illness, palliative care is an extra layer of support that can occur at the same time you are undergoing medical treatment.
Speak with your doctor and request a palliative care consultation from Androscoggin Home Healthcare and Hospice, fill out the form on this page, or call our Intake Team at 207.777.7740.